|Revisions:||Spira 188.8.131.529 Maintenance Release 3|
|Customer Support:||For more information or support, please view www.spiradata.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Target Audience:||Qualified Spira Super Users and System Administrators|
Spira Data Corp. has released this Spira 4.9.2 maintenance release to enhance usability for some screens and repair a few bugs found in the previous Spira 4.9.2 releases.
Spira 4.9.2 is a unifying release designed to bring our customers under a single platform. Migration paths are available for versions: 4.8.16 R3, 4.8.16 R4, and 4.9 R1. If you are running an older version of Spira please contact email@example.com for pre-upgrade assistance.
Spira components included in this patch release:
- Spira Corporate (Database updates, optional version 255 services)
- Spira Command
- Spira Mobile
- Spira Toursheet Plugin
All other Spira components have not changed with this patch release. When installing Spira, use the installers and files for the latest available Spira 4.9.2 release version with the exception of the above patch release components, available in the Downloads section.
Features & Enhancements
|Spira Command||Addresses||Province and Country fields are now required on taxable locations. This ensures invoicing process is getting the province/country as expected.|
|Spira Command||Ticket View||Updated Audit Snapshot feature to handle ticket snapshots taken in Spira 4.9.16 R4 prior to the 4.9.2 upgrade.|
|Spira Command, Spira Mobile||Ticket View||Enhanced the ability to create a task from the ticket screen to include the user who created the task. This will prevent other users from seeing custom tasks in centralized deployments of Spira Command.|
|Spira Command||Advanced User Defined Customization||Corrected label on the Adaptation > Advanced User Defined Customization screen.|
|Spira Command||Installer||Resolved Spira Command installer issue where Spira Command would not install over Spira Command 4.9 R1 or the initial release of Spira Command 4.9.2.|
|Spira Command||Invoice Generation||Corrected issue in Invoice Generation where a job description containing special characters would cause a "String of binary data would be truncated." error message.|
|Spira Command||Invoice Generation||Repaired the Fiscal Period dropdown on the Invoice Generation screen. Deactivated Fiscal Periods no longer show in the list.|
|Spira Command||Invoice Generation||Corrected issue where the default country was not being honoured on the Invoice Generation screen.|
|Spira Command||Job View||Corrected issue where the new Quick Ticket features did not properly honour the Job State rules.|
|Spira Command||Job View||Updated error messaging for end users if Job States are not properly configured in Job State flows.|
|Spira Command||Reports||Corrected permissions issue with Reports screen where unauthorized users could remove report definitions.|
|Spira Command||Resource Customization||Resolved the known issue where clicking “Retrieve” on the resource customization screen disables the “Configure” button.|
|Spira Command||Ticket Types||Corrected label on the Ticket Types screen.|
|Spira Command||Ticket View||Corrected ticket type column on Ticket Grid where the ticket type mode was displayed instead of the Ticket Type name as expected.|
|Spira Command||Ticket View||Corrected the scroll bar issue where the ticket detail grid can go white and cease to function until the ticket window is closed and re-opened.|
|Spira Command||Ticket View||Corrected issue with ticket lifecycle preventing the new 4.9.2 ticket locking feature from working properly.|
|Spira Command, Spira Mobile||Job View, Ticket View||Corrected issue where a user would click on an optional user defined field and then save the ticket without entering data in that field. The user would get an error stating the user defined field requires a value and will not save the ticket.|
|Spira Command, Spira Mobile||Job View, Ticket View||Corrected issue with date/time user defined fields where the value would default to the current date and time even if the user did not select a value. The date/time user defined fields now remain blank until a user selects a value.|
|Spira Command, Spira Mobile||Ticket View||Corrected issue in the Item Chooser dialogue where multiple selected items were not being added to the ticket if the search function was used while selecting items.|
|Spira Command, Spira Mobile||Ticket View||Corrected ticket detail sorting issue when adding linked items to a ticket. Linked items now appear directly after the parent item as expected.|
|Spira Command, Spira Mobile||Ticket View||Corrected an issue with adding a ticket task where the ticket detail resource did not default to the ticket header resource as expected.|
|Spira Command, Spira Mobile||Ticket View||Corrected issue with ticket header date fields when copying a ticket. The start and end date fields now default to the current date when the ticket is copied instead of taking on the date value from the source ticket.|
|Spira Command, Spira Mobile||Ticket View||Corrected issue with ticket customization sort order not being honoured by the ticket screen.|
|Spira Mobile||Database Version||Disabled Database Version screen in Spira Mobile.|
|Spira Mobile||Password Reset||The password reset function is not properly updating Spira Corporate Services. Please change passwords in Spira Command until a fix is available.|
|Spira Toursheet Plugin||Plugin Ticket View||Corrected permissions issue with left grids where user could bypass locked grids by clicking on the header of a column.|
- Due to new functionality, the Multi-job flag must to be set to FALSE for all ticket types. Enabling this flag will cause tickets to be quarantined with an “Object Reference” error. This is not enabled by default but noted here to ensure it hasn’t been turned on my mistake.
- Job States now enforce the Job State flow settings in Spira Command. When upgrading from previous versions, the Job State flow must bet set up to allow users to change Job States in Spira Command.
- With the addition of the new Ticket Reports group in the Reports screen, all reports linked to a ticket type must be re-grouped. Move the reports to the Ticket Reports section from the Other Reports section.
- A performance issue occurs on the Job Types screen that is related to the number of Job Types entered.
- Using the Tab key to change fields does not take the user to the expected field on the Resource screen.
- The “Always Retrieve” flag functionality on the My Tickets screen is disabled.
- In some cases, if Spira Mobile is running on a virtual machine, clicking “Get Coordinates” on the Job screen may crash the application.
- The Ticket State Editor does not write to the Audit table.
- Form and Plugin ticket types use the legacy audit functionality.
- Be aware that the Master Tickets are not included in the Advanced Routing feature on the My Tickets screen.
- Spira Mobile uninstall has an option to back-up and remove your mobile databases. This does remove your databases but does not back them up.
- Spira Mobile uninstall leaves a few file in the Spira Mobile directory if an updater package has been run.
- “Spira.ExpressManager.exe.config” is missing from the Spira Mobile Services installation. If needed, it has been provided as an optional download.
- In Spira Express Manager: queueName isn't always showing the correct value. Devices may have the same jobNumber as another unit and therefore the device number isn't displaying correctly.
- At this time, detail job creation under Master Job does not support items with stepped pricing applied.
Best Practice Reminders
- Ensure your systems meet the minimum system requirements.
- Ensure your databases are backed up with a regular maintenance plan.
- Spira Installation and Upgrade Guide
- Spira Help Manual
- Spira Express Manager – Spira FT Guide
- Spira EULA
- Spira Support Plan
Spira 4.9.2 is a significant upgrade from all previous versions of Spira. Please review the Spira Installation and Upgrade guide above and contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your Spira customer representative to get started.
Please refer to the Downloads section to download Spira.