Spira 5.0 Release
|Customer Support:||For more information or support, please view www.spiradata.com or email us firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Target Audience:||Qualified Spira Super Users and System Administrators|
Spira Data Corp. has released this Spira 5.0 to enhance usability for some screens and repair a few bugs found in the previous Spira 4.9.2 releases.
Spira 5.0 is a unifying release designed to bring our customers under a single platform. Migration paths are available for versions: 188.8.131.529 and 184.108.40.2060. If you are running an older version of Spira please contact email@example.com for pre-upgrade assistance.
Spira components included in this patch release:
- Spira Corporate
- Spira Field Intelligence Services
- Spira Operational Intelligence Database
- Operational Intelligence
- Field Intelligence
- Web IntelligenceSpira
- Toursheet Plugin
- Spira Universal Services for Spira Field Intelligence (Spira FI) and Spira Web
All other Spira components have not changed with this patch release. When installing Spira, use the installers and files for the latest available Spira 5.0 release version with the exception of the above patch release components, available in the Downloads section.
Features & Enhancements
|New Look for Spira||
|OI to FI||
|Operational Intelligence||Classic Grid||
|Operational Intelligence||Config Tool||
|Operational Intelligence||Fiscal Period||
|Operational Intelligence||Invoice Generation||
|Operational Intelligence||Job Grid||
|Operational Intelligence||Job Screen||
|Operational Intelligence||Job State||
|Operational Intelligence||Job Type||
|Operational Intelligence||Payroll Items||
|Operational Intelligence||Resource Selection||
|Operational Intelligence||Setup Address||
|Operational Intelligence||Tax Rule||
|Operational Intelligence||Ticket Detail||
|Operational Intelligence||Ticket EnRoute||
|Field Intelligence||Control Numbers||
|Field Intelligence||Ticket View||
|Field Intelligence||User Accounts||
Known LimitationsOperational Intelligence
- After changing the Priority field from Required to Visible the field stays Bold until the Job is saved, and then turns to normal font.
- Job grid does not honor data roles
- Detail job creation under Master Job does not support items with stepped pricing applied.
- The “Always Retrieve” flag functionality on the My Tickets screen is disabled. Currently if you check off the "Always Retrieve" flag, it should stay on every time you enter the My Ticket screen.
- Depreciate all previous OLS when generating a new Baseline also depreciates the last PDF store.
- Copying the price list does not copy over items with a flat rate.
- The direction arrows that allow the user to move location types up or down, align the order, does not work correctly.
- User defined setup grid does not sort by group correctly.
- PDF ticket type "load Spira values into form" doesn't load values so user can see them but it does save them behind the scenes.
- Form and Plugin ticket types use the legacy audit functionality.
- Operational Intelligence will not let the user change the ticket state if a Job from FI comes in with no values in a land specific location type, where is description required flag is set to true.
- Ticket created using "Quick Tickets" do not honor Job events to change Job States.
- Applying an amount to selected items does not change the total amount to reflect the Applied Quoted Total; it will only apply the change the total.
- Ticket State Editor does not write to the Audit table.
- UDF drop down resource gives user an error if they hit enter without a value.
- Item UDF with resource picker will take values that were assigned to the previous item and keep them for the new item. The values are not cleared as the user creates a new item.
Field IntelligenceControl Numbers
- User has to request Job and Ticket numbers first, and then the auto top-up batches come in along with the numbers they requested.
- Field Intelligence display issues on Windows 8 with 125% default display setting - Fields/labels, etc
- Offline store load is now obvious to the end user on Field Intelligence but, when it is done, the message they have to click OK on is behind the Spira Logo
- Stepped pricing in side plugins does not work correctly when decimals are used.
- r_PDF values stored in Spira Field Intelligence by a Form Ticket Type are not sent along with the Form to Spira Operational Intelligence. These reporting values can be re-generated by saving the Form ticket in Spira Operational Intelligence.
Best Practice Reminders
- Ensure your systems meet the minimum system requirements.
- Ensure your databases are backed up with a regular maintenance plan.
- Spira Installation and Upgrade Guide
- Spira Help Manual
- Spira Mobile Services - Troubleshooting Guide
- Spira Express Manager – Spira FT Guide
- Spira EULA
- Spira Support Plan
Spira 5.0 is a significant upgrade from all previous versions of Spira. Please review the Spira Installation and Upgrade guide above and contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your Spira customer representative if you have any questions or concerns.
Please refer to the Downloads section to download Spira.